Crane Cove Park Completion Fundraising Update
Updated: Sep 7, 2021
The Port of San Francisco is working with the San Francisco Parks Alliance to raise funds to complete unfinished parts of Crane Cove Park, including restoring the crane tops, adding a formal kids play area, dog run and more.
On Wednesday August 25th the Port will discuss the campaign at the 6pm SAC (Southern Advisory Committee) meeting.
We have been asking the Port for an update as well as the opportunity to have the community weigh in on the order of expenditures as well as offering ideas about the unfinished east side of the park that for now the Port Commission has put aside as a funding goal. This item is schedule for 6:20 pm in a 1 1/2 hour meeting.
Agenda and link information below.
We have all enjoyed Crane Cove since its opening last summer. Watching kids climb the blocks in the slipways and hide amidst the plantings in the bioswales shows the successes of the park design. Unleashed dogs strain the park's infrastructure and their waste plus wear and tear tells us that there should be more room for furry visitors to run free.
Many in the community have heard that over $2 million has been raised successfully to date, but we have yet to get any confirmation from the Port.
DATE: Wednesday, August 25, 2021
TIME: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
LOCATION: Virtual Public Meeting via Zoom
Dial-in: +1 669 900 6833,, 8339403206# US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 833 940 3206
****Click on highlighted items below to access background documents****
1. Introductions and Announcements (6:00 – 6:05)
2. Acceptance of 6/23/21 SAC Meeting Notes (6:05 – 6:10)
3. Crane Cove Park Planning and Fundraising - David Beaupre, Port Senior Development Project Manager and Crezia Tano-Lee, Port Business Strategy and Opportunity Manager (6:10 – 6:50)
4. Waterfront Parks Special Event and Activation RFQ - Crezia Tano-Lee, Port Business Strategy and Opportunity Manager(6:50 – 7:20)
5. Proposed Silverado Maritime Industrial Lease at the Pier 70 Shipyard - Brendan O'Meara, Maritime Assistant Deputy Director (7:20 – 7:50)
6.Quick Updates and Requests for Future SAC Meetings (7:50 - 8:00)
Updated Project Tracking report: Heron's Head Park Projects (Carol Bach, Port Environmental Affairs Manager)
SAC Member Southern Waterfront Boat Tour on 9/29/21 - Diane Oshima and Brendan O'Meara
Project Progress Tracking Reports*
Public Works Cargo Way Sewer Project
SF PUC BCTD electrical power transmission infrastructure
SF PUC Islais Creek Outfall Crossing Replacement Project
PUC Southeast Treatment Plant and Islais Creek Digesters Update
Herons Head Park Shoreline Resilience Proejct (new August 2021)
Seawall Lot 344 COVID-19 Temporary Housing (updated July 2021)
*click on project titles listed to view progress reports