Updated: Sep 7, 2021
The Port of San Francisco is working with the San Francisco Parks Alliance to raise funds to complete unfinished parts of Crane Cove Park, including restoring the crane tops, adding a formal kids play area, dog run and more.
On Wednesday August 25th the Port will discuss the campaign at the 6pm SAC (Southern Advisory Committee) meeting.
We have been asking the Port for an update as well as the opportunity to have the community weigh in on the order of expenditures as well as offering ideas about the unfinished east side of the park that for now the Port Commission has put aside as a funding goal. This item is schedule for 6:20 pm in a 1 1/2 hour meeting.
Agenda and link information below.
We have all enjoyed Crane Cove since its opening last summer. Watching kids climb the blocks in the slipways and hide amidst the plantings in the bioswales shows the successes of the park design. Unleashed dogs strain the park's infrastructure and their waste plus wear and tear tells us that there should be more room for furry visitors to run free.
Many in the community have heard that over $2 million has been raised successfully to date, but we have yet to get any confirmation from the Port.
DATE: Wednesday, August 25, 2021
TIME: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
LOCATION: Virtual Public Meeting via Zoom
Dial-in: +1 669 900 6833,, 8339403206# US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 833 940 3206
****Click on highlighted items below to access background documents****
1. Introductions and Announcements (6:00 – 6:05)
2. Acceptance of 6/23/21 SAC Meeting Notes (6:05 – 6:10)
3. Crane Cove Park Planning and Fundraising - David Beaupre, Port Senior Development Project Manager and Crezia Tano-Lee, Port Business Strategy and Opportunity Manager (6:10 – 6:50)
4. Waterfront Parks Special Event and Activation RFQ - Crezia Tano-Lee, Port Business Strategy and Opportunity Manager(6:50 – 7:20)
5. Proposed Silverado Maritime Industrial Lease at the Pier 70 Shipyard - Brendan O'Meara, Maritime Assistant Deputy Director (7:20 – 7:50)
6.Quick Updates and Requests for Future SAC Meetings (7:50 - 8:00)
Updated Project Tracking report: Heron's Head Park Projects (Carol Bach, Port Environmental Affairs Manager)
SAC Member Southern Waterfront Boat Tour on 9/29/21 - Diane Oshima and Brendan O'Meara
Project Progress Tracking Reports*
Public Works Cargo Way Sewer Project
SF PUC BCTD electrical power transmission infrastructure
SF PUC Islais Creek Outfall Crossing Replacement Project
PUC Southeast Treatment Plant and Islais Creek Digesters Update
*click on project titles listed to view progress reports
EMAIL NOTICE OF ADVISORY GROUP MEETINGS – If you would like to receive e-mail notification of SAC meetings and agendas, please update your mailing list subscription here.
SAC Virtual Meeting Protocols
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Port of San Francisco is conducting business remotely as we comply with State of California directives and orders for social distancing and staying at home. The Port is committed to ensuring that our meetings are accessible to the public, including the opportunity to participate by providing oral and written comment. The instructions below outline how members of the public can access the virtual SAC meeting and provide public comment.
1. How to Join
a. Go to the first page of the notice/agenda and click on the Zoom Virtual Meeting Link.
b. You can join the meeting from a desktop computer, mobile device, or telephone. You can learn more about Joining a Zoom Meeting.
i. If you are calling in, but would like to access meeting materials, please use links provided in the agenda above or visit the SAC meeting webpage and locate the specific meeting date.
ii. We recommend that you test out your device, internet connection, and Zoom app compatibility well before attempting to join the meeting.
c. When prompted, provide your name and email address to be placed in the meeting. You will automatically be muted when joining as an attendee.
2. Providing Public Comment
a. Public comment for SAC virtual meetings can be provided in multiple ways.
i. Written Comments:
1. You are welcome to submit written comments to Port staff via email. Please send to email@example.com.
2. In the subject line of your email, indicate the meeting date and the topic of your comment. For an item on the agenda, please include the meeting date and item number.
ii. Oral Comments:
1. Following committee discussion of each agenda item, Port staff will provide an opportunity for public comment.
2. If you want to provide oral comments on a specific agenda item, you will need to “Raise your hand” during the Zoom meeting. *If calling into the meeting from a telephone, you can use “Star (*) 9” to raise/ lower your hand.
3. Once your hand is raised and it is your turn to speak, the NAC meeting facilitator will unmute you, announce your name, and you will be able to make your comment. *Depending on how you have called in, you may also need to unmute yourself.
4. After your public comment, your hand will be lowered, and you will be placed back on mute.